Several teachers have found that tactile learning is a huge benefit to their students! From learning note names on the staff, to creating rhythms, these magnet-back buttons are a helpful hands-on aid! These buttons have a magnet-back to use on white boards (white board not included).
This pack comes contains 29 magnet buttons:
- Music Alphabet letters A-G
- Numbers 1-6
- 8 filled in noteheads (for quarter notes or 8th notes)
- 4 white noteheads (for whole notes or half notes)
- 4 white noteheads with line in the middle (for whole notes or half notes placed on a line)
Ideas for using these buttons:
- Have students place the letters on the staff
- Use when teaching mnemonic devices to remember the line and space notes
- Place the letters on the keyboard and have your student move them to the whiteboard to show correspondence between staff and keyboard, and vice versa.
- Number the lines and spaces of the staff (line 1, line 2, etc.)
- Create rhythms and have students place numbers under the correct beats.
- Trace your student's hand on the white board and have them place the numbers on the correct finger.
- Practice drawing stems in the correct direction.
- Create rhythms using the note heads, and even have students place numbers under the correct beats.
- Create a rhythm for your student to sightread.
- Have your student create rhythms using different time signatures.